If you are planning to take your family on a road trip this summer, make sure that you take every precaution in order to make your travel time as safe as possible. Whether you are headed out to one of the National Parks, to visit with out-of-state relatives or just to see a different part of the country, everyone will have more fun if you take the time to plan for safety.
This year, Allstate has made it even easier to keep your family safe on your summer road trip with their Good Hands Rescue℠ app.
Putting Your Summer Road Trip in "Good Hands"
A recent study commissioned by Allstate Roadside Services revealed that many American drivers have experienced road trip car problems at some point in their lives.
- 74% have had a flat tire.
- 70% have had a dead battery.
- 62% have had an accident.
- 54% have had a stalled car.
- 36% have run out of gas.
About these findings, Pam Dufour, president of Allstate Roadside Services, has said:
"The likelihood of running into problems while you're on the road makes it imperative you know what to do and who to contact if the unexpected happens. No one wants to experience a flat tire or break down any time of the year. But you certainly don't want vehicle troubles to leave you stranded on the side of the road when you have your kids in the backseat. It's why Allstate is recommending everyone download our free Good Hands Rescue℠ app before they begin their vacation or whenever they plan to be on the road."
What is the Good Hands Rescue app?
Free to download from Apple, Google Play or Allstate's mobile website, this app allows you to get a tow truck or any other type of assistance that you need, quickly and easily. No matter where you are, the app can be used to locate and send the closest available service that will get you back on the road. You don’t have to be an Allstate customer to use the app, and you don't have to pay anything until your service is complete. You can even use your smartphone to track the provider's status while they are en route to you.
In addition to using the Good Hands Rescue app, Allstate recommends a few more tips to be proactive about summer road trip safety. Of course, you will want to be sure you have a full gas tank and everything that you will need for your vacation. You may also wish to do the following:
- Get your car road-ready. Before your departure day arrives, have a mechanic give your car a thorough inspection and perform any preventive maintenance that is due, such as an oil change, a tire check and wiper/filter replacement.
- Assemble and pack an emergency car kit. This kit should fit neatly in your trunk and include a flashlight, hand sanitizer, emergency blankets, water and energy bars. You may also want to include a first aid kit, road flares and a small tool kit.
- Make sure that your phone stays fully charged. This is absolutely essential if you want to have access to the Good Hands Rescue app or make contact with any source for roadside assistance. You may also want to let friends and family members back home periodically know that you are safe on the road.
With a little planning, you can make this year's summer road trip the best and safest that your family has ever had. If you know that you have covered all of your safety basics, you can devote more of your attention to really important things like picture taking and memory making.
Financing Your Fun
Before hitting the road this summer, make sure that your family car is as reliable and safe as it should be. If you know that it's time to look for a replacement vehicle, Drivers Lane can help you get approved for the best possible financing. Even if you have bad credit, we can connect you with a dealer in your area who is qualified to work with your situation. And you may even be able to buy your car with little or no money down. Just fill out our fast, free and 100% secure online application to get started today.