Chrysler received a great deal of attention early in the year when it decided to drop the Town and Country name from its next minivan and unveiled the new Pacifica. Even though the Pacifica is not yet available for purchase, early reviews have been favorable. And now this super-stylish and tech-laden minivan is getting more positive attention for its impressive fuel economy.
"The Pacifica isn't just engineered for today," says Mark Chernoby, Chief Operating Officer of Product Development and Head of Product Portfolio Management for FCA's Group Executive Council. "This vehicle is designed and crafted to enhance the lives of our customers for years to come."
The Pacifica Gets a "Thumbs Up" from the EPA
A hybrid version of the Pacifica has been developed, but it has been determined that even the gasoline-powered version will provide drivers with a "greener ownership experience." The EPA has estimated that the gas-powered Pacifica will get 28 mpg on the highway, a figure that is close to the top of the minivan segment. With 12% better fuel efficiency than the Town and Country, the Pacifica also has 9% less Global Warming Potential (GWP).
What contributes to the Pacifica having such impressive fuel economy? Both the engine and the overall design contribute to the minivan's efficiency.
- The Engine: The Pacifica's engine (a 3.6-liter V-6) is very similar to the highly celebrated Pentastar V-6, which was named three times to the prestigious list of Ward's 10 Best. It features a two-step variable-valve lift (VVL) and cooled exhaust-gas recirculation (EGR). Innovative engine-weight reductions boost the vehicle's overall efficiency and performance.
- The Transmission: Production of the Pacifica includes the newest member of the FCA US TorqueFlite transmission family, the first nine-speed automatic ever featured in a minivan. It has a 9.81 ratio spread and a unique calibration that has been specially designed to deliver "outstanding" vehicle launch characteristics, smooth shifts and overall enhanced fuel economy.
- The Body: The Chrysler Pacifica is nearly 250 pounds lighter than its predecessor, but has torsional rigidity that is twice that of current bestselling minivans. This is mainly due to the use of approximately 22% more high-strength steel than the Town and Country, and the fact that 48% of it is advanced high-strength steel. This weight reduction naturally contributes to better gas mileage, but due to the nature of its technologically advanced steel, the safety of the vehicle is in no way compromised.
In a nutshell, the Chrysler Pacifica seems like it would be an ideal family vehicle for anyone who is looking for a practical, yet stylish and technology-packed minivan that will also save them money at the gas pump.
And it has been reported that pricing on the Pacifica will be as follows:
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica LX: $29,590
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring: $31,490
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring-L: $35,490
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Touring-L Plus: $38,890
- 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited: $43,490
All prices include destination charges.
Raising the Bar for Easy Financing
If you are looking for a "new standard" in an easy and fast way to buy a car with bad credit, look no further than Drivers Lane. We have been assisting car buyers with credit issues for nearly two decades, and we are ready to connect you with a local dealer who can get you approved for an auto loan. You may even be able to purchase your vehicle with little or no money down.
Just fill out our simple and secure online application to get this quick and hassle-free process started today.