If you are a car buyer who firmly believes that "it's what's on the inside that counts," you will be very interested in the vehicles that have earned spots on the Wards 10 Best Interiors list of 2016. These vehicles will be officially awarded during the WardsAuto Interiors Conference on May 11th at Cobo Center in Detroit, but the list itself is currently available for viewing.
"Affordable" Vehicles with the Best Interiors
While most of the Best Interiors winners are cars that fall into the "luxury" segment, there are four "affordable" vehicles that are being honored. And these four vehicles have made the list largely due to the fact that their interiors include features that remind critics of those found in luxury cars. It has been stated that "the Camaro, Pacifica, Civic and Maxima integrate lots of soft surfaces, upscale materials, warm ambient lighting and the latest connectivity and safety features typically found in premium cars."
Here is the complete list of winners. "Affordable" vehicles are in bold:
- Audi TTS (Audi AG)
- BMW 7-Series (BMW AG)
- Cadillac XT5 (General Motors Co.)
- Chevrolet Camaro (General Motors Co.)
- Chrysler Pacifica (FCA US LLC)
- Honda Civic (Honda Motor Co. Ltd.)
- Lexus RX (Toyota Motor Corp.)
- Mercedes-Benz GLC (Daimler AG)
- Nissan Maxima (Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.)
- Volvo XC90 (Volvo Car)
The Chevrolet Camaro, Chrysler Pacifica, Honda Civic and Nissan Maxima are all non-luxury vehicles that, while fairly affordable, may not fit every budget. All except the Maxima can be purchased new for at or under $30,000 (base) and the price for the Maxima starts at around $33,000.
And, yes, these four vehicles do offer luxurious interiors that include high-quality materials, but there are plenty of other reasons to consider buying one of these highly-rated options.
- The Chevrolet Camaro: If you are in the market for a sports car that looks great and performs well, the Camaro may be for you. A turbocharged 2.0-liter, four-cylinder comes standard, and the 2016 Camaro has been praised for its agile handling and "crisp" steering. Other standard features offered with the Camaro include Bluetooth, a rear view camera, satellite radio, two USB ports, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and a 7-inch touch screen.
- The Chrysler Pacifica (Pictured): You can be one of the first to own a Chrysler Pacifica, as 2017 is the first model year (available in 2016) for this new minivan. Already, reviews of the Pacifica have been highly favorable. As Chrysler is said to have invented the minivan, it is speculated that they have reinvented the minivan with the Pacifica. And the "Dad Brand" ads that are currently out are highly entertaining.
- The Honda Civic: Holding the crown as the 2016 North American Car of the Year, the Honda Civic, starting at $18,640, is also really and truly affordable. From its excellent fuel economy to its smooth ride and crisp handling, the Civic offers a little bit of everything to the smart and value-conscious driver. Standard features include a rear view camera, automatic climate control, Bluetooth, Pandora internet radio compatibility and a USB port.
- The Nissan Maxima: Test drivers have reported that the Maxima's V6 engine is one of the most powerful non-turbocharged six-cylinder engines on the market. And with an EPA-estimated 22/30 mpg city/highway, the Maxima offers very good fuel economy for a six-cylinder car. With responsive steering and sharp brakes, the Maxima is said to provide the quiet, smooth highway ride of a luxury car. Standard features include a rear view camera, power-adjustable front seats and a high-tech infotainment system.
Obviously, you won't be basing your next car buying decision exclusively on the quality of the interior, but choosing a vehicle that comes with a great interior is definitely a bonus. You will get a comfortable ride and there is the possibility that your award-winning car will be in high demand when it comes time to sell it or trade it in.
Always the Best Financing
Whether you are after an award-winner or just a car that you happen to really like, getting the best possible financing should be your top priority. This is especially true if you are currently dealing with credit issues. And even if you have bad credit, Drivers Lane can connect you with a dealer in your area who is qualified to work with your situation. You can be back on the road before you know it, and our service won’t cost you a penny. You may even be able to buy your car with little or no money down.
Just fill out our fast and secure online application to get started today.